The Rainbow Hunter
The Rainbow Hunter is a ten-year-old racehorse trained by Kim Bailey, who is a lively contender for the 2014 Crabbie's Grand National, as he looks to build on a fine victory at Doncaster in the Sky Bet Chase.
Trainer: Kim Bailey
Notable Race Wins:
Sky Bet Chase: 2013
Kim Bailey knows what it takes to win a Grand National having saddled Mr Frisk to victory in 1990, but the legendary national hunt trainer will unleash another strong candidate for the Aintree showpiece on April 5 in the shape of The Rainbow Hunter, who aims to improve on last year's effort in the race.
Unseating his rider at the canal turn on the first circuit, the ten-year-old will hope to make it further in the race this time around, but he will head into the race in superb form having stormed to victory in the Sky Bet Chase at Doncaster at the end of January.
Conditions were very testing that day on Town Moor and with the recent dry weather likely to be drying the ground daily then he will have to show he can produce the goods on quicker ground, but the way he pulled clear of his rivals that day suggests that a real test of stamina will play to his strengths and he has to be a notable outsider in the 2014 Grand National Betting.
Questions will be answered over his ability to deal with the unique fences, but he will head into the race as a major player if he can improve his jumping and at juicy double-figured odds warrants the utmost respect in the world's greatest steeplechase.
Check out the Latest Odds for The Rainbow Hunter in the 2014 Grand National.
- Minding set to ease to Irish 1000 Guineas glory at Curragh
- Irish 2000 Guineas Gold Medal Should Go To In Form Galileo
- Time Test to down Found in Tattersalls Gold Cup at Curragh
- Punters Praying For Devine Meccas Angel Performance in Temple Stakes
- Kodi Bear can roar to Lockinge Stakes victory at Newbury
- Flying Officer can storm to Yorkshire Cup success for Gosden
- Koora tipped to land Middleton Stakes success for Cumani
- Wings Of Desire Can Fly In Dante Stakes On The Knavesmire